Some of my friends on facebook think it's weird that I subscribe to these daily meditations, considering I'm not Jewish (I don't even believe in God...), and the author is a rabbi.
However,  i almost always get something meaningful from his few short sentences everyday.
They almost always apply in my daily life and his writing style is very poetic, which I love.
SO....  I keep reading them!  Every now and then I'll post one on  facebook or my blogspot.... And now, Tumblr!
This one reminds me of, "the secret," which basically states that we make manifest in our lives whatever may be our intention.  if I  intend to be joyful, joy will find me...!
:)




Elul 5, 5770 · August 15, 2010


Matching Worlds
By Tzvi Freeman


Depression, anxiety and pessimism damage the channels of blessing from Above.


The Zohar explains that there is a lower world -- our world -- and there is a higher world. Our world is meant to continuously receive from that higher world, but always according to our personal state of mind.


If we are glowing with joy and vitality, then that world shines upon us in its full glory.


But if it we wallow in depression and anxiety, then we can only receive the metered trickle that squeezes through a constricted channel.


That is why King David said,
“Serve G-d with joy!” Because your joy here draws upon you another joy from above.

Comments

Popular Posts