.you.asked.for.it.


.you.asked.for.it., originally uploaded by gogoloopie.
Via Flickr:
Taken with a Canon G11 and edited with an iPhone4/iPad. Taken in 2010 and edited in 2012. :)
.FULL.CIRCLE.


I was always running (away)
From self
For cover
Fleeing the essence of I

Running from past
Sprinting from future
Giving the present a run for its money

Running like coward
Or a bull dragged by its angry horns.

Running into dead ends
One way stop signs
Forced backwards into
My own erected walls.

Running in fear
From time
In thoughts; cradling attachments like bones

Truth too pure
Self too damned
Running and running
Desperate to elude
This light inside.

Realization came in revelations
I despised – truth dawned
Running – never moving
Frozen on spot

I saw my running was leading
Nowhere
As I fled with fearful eyes
Into a harsh reality.

Now I am running – running across fields
Forward – full circle back into self

Running and running for dreams
Transforming my illusions
Of reality.

Running into the future
Full speed I greet the gift
Of the present

Racing into the light.


- Author Unknown

Comments

Popular Posts